June 9, 2018
Storage Packing Tips 101
Start your spring cleaning like a pro and move a few things into storage. Our storage packing tips show you the solutions for preparing for storage before you get to the unit. St. Joseph Self Storage is the facility to use if planning move, downsizing, or even while you are spring cleaning.
We put together a list of tips to remember before moving day that are sure to make this season a successful one!
- Overfilling a box can be tough on your movers and the box itself. Keep the big boxes for light things like pillows and make smaller boxes a little heavier.
- Keep your movers in mind while packing. They need to be able to lift the boxes, so pack books in small boxes for better lifting.
- Use clothes from the closet are bubble wrap to ensure your breakables are not going anywhere. Add cushion to the top and bottom, then place each piece in the box so it is secure.
- Hanging clothes will make it easier to transition from season to season. Folding them may cause creases that are tough to get rid of.
- Before you move your belongings into your unit, put pallets down or a thick plastic cover. This will keep moisture from spreading into the bottom of your boxes.
- A few weeks before you move, make a plan! Be ready for all the possibilities but having a extra supplies on hand and a answer for every question the movers may have.
- Make isles in your unit so each box is accessible.
- To avoid water leaking in your unit, unplug your fridge and freezer prior to moving day.
Enjoy your summer with the help of our Saint Joseph MO self storage units. Use these storage packing tips the next time you need to clean up a few things around the house.